Frequently Asked Questions
Reservations and Payment
- Is there a minimum stay?
- Yes, we have a 2-night minimum. We have a 4-night minimum for all of June and July. We also have a 4-night minimum for the following major holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
- How do I check availability and book a reservation?
- We only check availability and do bookings over the phone or in person. Call our office at (928) 282-2999.
- Is there a deposit required to book?
- No - we do not take any deposit or put any charges on a card until you check in for your reservation. We just take a credit card number to guarantee the reservation.
- How can I pay?
- We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Discover, Mastercard, Amex), checks, and cash.
- What is the pricing for the houses?
- It depends on each house - please click here to view the prices for each house per night before taxes. These prices are for one or two people; any extra person would be $25 per night plus tax. Little people ages 7 and younger are free. Please note that prices for the houses and for extra people are increasing slightly for 2019.
- Are there any discounts?
- No, we do not provide any discounts. We try to keep our rates very low as it is to allow everyone to stay with us. We sometimes have promotions or giveaways on our social media - follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date.
- Is there a resort fee or any additional charges?
- No, we do not have any resort fee. There is the nightly rate for 2 people, any extra person charges, the refundable pet deposit, and taxes. Everything else, including parking, firewood, and property use, is all included.
- What is the cancellation policy?
- For all reservations except during holidays, there is a 30-day cancellation policy. This means that to cancel the reservation with no liability, you must do so at least 30 days before the reservation. If you cancel within that 30-day period, you will be financially responsible for all nights, unless they are rebooked by someone else. For holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years), we have a 60-day cancellation policy. Only the person who made the reservation can call us to cancel.
- Are there any houses that are handicap accessible?
- Yes. Mary’s House is ADA certified. The Chalet House is not ADA certified, but is also recommended for handicapped persons, because it is all on one level with no steps.
- Do the houses have wifi or tv?
- No, none of the houses have wifi or tv. We have plenty of games and books in the office for your entertainment. There is also a cafe within walking distance of us with free wifi.
- Do the houses have kitchens?
- Yes, every house has a full sized kitchen with everything you'll need to cook with. They all have a fridge, microwave, stove, oven, pots and pans, utensils, and cooking gadgets. There is a charcoal barbecue outside for your use.
- Do the houses have tubs or showers?
- Almost all of the houses have a bathtub-shower combination. The Cook House is the only house with a whirlpool tub in addition to a shower, and the Overlook is the only house with a shower but not a tub.
- What are the times for check in and check out?
- Check in is after 3 p.m., and check out is before 11 a.m.
- When is the latest time I can check in?
- We will be in the office until 7 p.m., but you can check in later than that. We will set up a late arrival envelope for you, with key and map, and put it on our office door. Simply come to the office, get the key and directions, and make yourself comfortable in your house.
- Do you allow smoking on the property? In the houses?
- Smoking/vaping is not allowed inside the houses. You can smoke/vape outside on your private patio.
- Is there daily housekeeping service?
- No, but you may exchange towels/linens at the office as needed, as well as get more toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc.
Things to Do
- What is there to do at the resort and in the area?
- There are many hiking trails nearby, as well as Oak Creek mere steps from your house to swim and fish in. For detailed descriptions about hiking and fishing, please click here. We have many games and books available at our office for your entertainment, including outdoor games that you can play on our large grass lawn. Sedona and Flagstaff offer many things to do: art galleries, restaurants, jeep tours, breweries and wineries, shopping, movies, historical sites, etc.
- Are you close to Slide Rock State Park? West Fork Hiking Trail?
- We are 2 miles away from Slide Rock State Park, and 1 mile away from West Fork.
- Does Oak Creek run continuously? Does it ever dry up?
- Oak Creek runs continuously year round. It never drys up, and is always around the same flow and temperature.
- Are there any restaurants close to you?
- The closest is a cafe 1/4 mile north of us at The Butterfly Garden Inn, which also has essential grocery items. There is also a restaurant 1 mile south of us at Junipine Resort, and a cafe about miles south of us called Indian Gardens. After that, there are many restaurants and full grocery stores in Sedona and Flagstaff. The office staff would be happy to make recommendations for you.
- Do you have pet-friendly houses?
- Yes - all but 4 of our houses are pet-friendly. The houses that do not allow pets are: The Overlook, The Chalet House, Mary’s House, and The Oak House. We keep these houses strictly pet-free in order to accommodate for allergies.
- What pets can I bring?
- You can bring up to 2 pets, and this includes dogs, cats, birds, etc. Of the 2 pets you can bring, both must be under 50 pounds.
- Is there a fee for pets?
- We do have a refundable $20 pet deposit per pet, due at the time of check in. We will have you sign a form where you agree to our pet policies: to keep the pet leashed at all times, to not leave the pet inside the house unattended if it tends to bark, to clean up after your pet, and to cover furniture/bedding with sheets to prevent pet hair from getting on furniture/bedding. The pet deposit may be forfeited if there is any infraction of this policy.
- For 2019, the pet policy is changing. It will be a nonrefundable pet fee of $25 per pet. We will still have the same weight limit of 50 pounds for each pet, and you can bring up to 2 pets. We ask that you are responsible for your pet, and this includes covering the sofas/bedding with sheets to prevent pet hair problems. If we have pet hair problems or issues with your pet, we may ask that the pet not be allowed to return.
Transportation and Directions
- How do I get to the resort?
- Coming from Sedona: Travel north on highway 89A for 10 miles (into Oak Creek Canyon from Sedona). You will see our large sign on the right side of the road, and the driveway is on the left. Keep an eye out for Junipine Resort: they will be 1 mile before us on the left side. Drive over our low-water crossing and come to the office.
- Coming from Flagstaff: Travel south on highway 89A for 17 miles past the freeway exit for Oak Creek Canyon. You will see our large sign on the left side of the road, and the driveway is on the right. Keep an eye out for The Butterfly Garden Inn - they will be 1/4 before us on the left hand side. Drive over our low-water crossing and come to the office.
- How close are you to Sedona? Flagstaff?
- We are 10 miles north of Sedona, and 17 miles south of Flagstaff.
- What is the nearest airport?
- Phoenix Sky Harbor airport is 2 hours south of us. For a fee, there is a shuttle that can take you up to Sedona/Flagstaff, but we recommend renting a car.