The Diamond House was first conceived to be circular, designed by a friend of Dad’s, Jim Charlton, who was a student of Frank Lloyd Wright. Jim loved curves, but Dad redesigned the idea as a diamond-shaped house when it was built in 1951. Originally two houses (the North and South Diamond), it became one large house in 2002.
Located on the canyon wall high above the resort, the Diamond House enjoys spectacular views of the canyon and forest. This is a private and secluded house, with a free-standing wood-burning fireplace, two full bathrooms (one with a tub/shower and the other with a shower), two Queen bedrooms, a Queen Murphy bed in the living area, and a ladder-climbing up into a loft with a Twin bed. Relax on the flagstone patios at either end of the house and enjoy the forest views, perhaps spotting a whitetail deer walking by.